The District Manager acts as the “City Manager/County Administrator” of the District and works with the elected Board of Supervisors to serve the District and its residents. The direct responsibilities of the District Manager include the following but are not limited to: preserving and maintaining district improvements and facilities, overseeing and coordinating the planning, financing, purchasing, staffing, and compliance of the district, and any other such duties, as prescribed by the board.
The District Administrator’s responsibilities include:
- Preparation and submittal of a proposed operations and maintenance budget for Board review and action
- Prepare contract specifications for District operations, including community appearance, waterway management, street lighting and facilities maintenance
- File all required forms and documents with State and local agencies
- Attend all Board of Supervisor meetings – implement the policies of the Board
- Additional duties as directed by the Board
Contact the District Administration office to obtain more information.
District Counsel – Straley & Robin, P.A.
The District Counsel acts as the chief legal counsel to the district and is responsible for ensuring that the district conducts its business according to the legal standards placed upon it, both by the actions of the District/Board and Statute.
In this capacity, the District Counsel reviews all district documents, including resolutions, contracts, and agreements, assists District manager in drafting of same and negotiations on behave of the district. Counsel ensures compliance with all necessary laws including the Sunshine Amendment, and assists with securing public financing.
District Engineer – Stantec, Inc.
The District Engineer provides professional and technical services to the district to support the planning, design, permitting, construction, financing, and operation and maintenance of the district infrastructure.
The District Engineer also provides the Engineer’s Report for bond financing, and can provide direct consultation for such items as: bidding, contractor selection standards, master planning of infrastructure and construction phase observation.
Property Manager (On-Site) – Josue Marquez